The Minister for Environment, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI), Prof. Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng, has inaugurated a 17-Member National Biodiversity Steering Committee.
The Steering Committee is to provide strategic leadership and make informed policy choices that will guide MESTI to effectively implement the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and its Protocols.
Inaugurating the Committee, the Minister said mankind is part of biological diversity and must work to protect nature. He then called on the Committee to bring their expertise and knowledge to bear in providing policy direction to the government on the sustainable utilization of our natural resources.
The Chairman of the Committee, Prof. Alfred Oteng-Yeboah expressed gratitude for the opportunity and responsibility given to him and pledged to work in collaboration with members to achieve the objective of their mandate.
The Committee is co-chaired by the Chief Director of MESTI, Mrs. Cynthia Asare Bediako.
Names of Steering Committee;
- Mrs. Cynthia Asare Bediako, Chief Director for MESTI Chairperson
- Prof. Alfred Oteng- Yeboah, University of Ghana Co-Chairman
- Mr. Peter Dery, Director for Environment, MESTI Member
- Mr. Copperfield Banini, Ministry of Food & Agriculture Member
- Mr. Raynold Quarshie, Ministry of Justice Member
- Dr. Lawrence Misa Aboagye, CSIR Member
- Dr. Michael Osae, GAEC Member
- Mrs. Jewel Kudjawu, EPA Member
- Prof. Eric Okoree, NBA Member
- Ms. Nada Ndahuma Tandoh, LUSPA Member
- Mr. Cudjoe Audi, Forestry Commission Member
- Mr. Emmanuel Kwame Dovlo, Fisheries Commission Member
- Madam Esi Biney, Water Resources Commission Member
- Dr. Felix Addo-Yobo, NDPC Member
- Prof. Francis K. E. Nunoo, University of Ghana Member
- Dr. Yaw Osei-Owusu, Conservation Alliance Member
- Mr. Joshua Awuku Appau, Earth Service Member