- This Directorate develops sector-wide policy on HR Planning, Succession Planning, Training and Development and Performance Management. It also ensures that there is in place an effective and stable management framework consistent with the overall manpower needs of the Sector.
- The Directorate also facilitates the process of recruitment and placement, employee orientation and induction, retraining, motivation and staff development on a continuing basis for the efficient discharge of their duties. Moreover, it ensures that there is in place an effective and stable HR policy and management framework consistent with the overall manpower needs of the Sector
The following are the activities the Directorate carries out:
- Performance Management Training for Directors and Deputy Directors of the Ministry and Agencies
- Coordinate Accelerated Scheme of Service Trainings for all staff
- Coordinate Competency Based Training for staff
- Manage the Staff Data and other information of staff of the Ministry
- Coordinate Seminars and Seminars related to Human Resource development.
Sector-wide HR Policy Planning Unit:
- The Unit ensures the availability of requisite and adequately trained manpower for the effective operations of the sector through modern human resources, planning and management. The Unit is responsible for developing policy and planning the sector in these areas:
- Needs assessment/Gap analysis
- Succession plan
- This Unit furthermore initiates strategies and facilitates the career planning of staff of the Ministry. This involves regular deployment, secondments, postings, transfers, and development of Schemes of Service.
Career Development and Performance Management Unit:
- The Unit is responsible for the training/capacity building for the sector. It has the obligation for reviewing and developing training policies and guidelines, ensuring that requisite manpower skills are available for the effective performance of the sector. It therefore liaises with the Office of the Head of the Civil Service, the Public Services Commission and the Scholarship Secretariat as well as local and international training institutions for the realisation of the objectives.
- The unit is also responsible for developing the framework for institutional and staff performance management including staff appraisal and performance contracts/agreements